Re: Shared Libraries

Don Flinn wrote:
> I recently upgraded to FC5 and a program that ran under FC4 has trouble
> running under FC5.  The error message is:
>
> [flinn@flinn bin]$ ./CmapTools
> awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> /home/flinn/IHMC_CmapTools/bin/../jre/bin/java: error while loading
> shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
> The libraries exist as links in /lib.  What do I have to do to make
> these libraries visible to the program?  I also tried to install another
> product and got the same error.  Both programs are targeted at Linux.

According to the messages above it seems that "awk", "dirname", "grep"
and other standard commands are reporting problems.  From that, I would
deduce that "./CmapTools" is a script.  If you can run those commands
outside of the script...then there is nothing wrong with those
commands....but something in the script, probably an environment
variable changing the way things are working.

--
"The Mets were great in 'sixty eight,
 The Cards were fine in 'sixty nine,