Re: Fedora on Dell PowerEdge SC1420

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:51:12PM -0500, David Limon Romero wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm going to install a new server, it's a Dell PowerEdge SC1420, but before
> installing it, I would like to know if someone has installed fedora/centos on
> a machine like this, and if there were any problems with hardware
> compatibility.

The system is certified with RHEL4, so CentOS 4 should be fine.
https://hardware.redhat.com/hwcert/list.cgi?product=Red+Hat+Hardware+Certification&quicksearch=SC1420

I don't have any specific information about Fedora on this system, as
Fedora (the non-product) isn't tested by Dell.  Chances are, if it
works in RHEL4, it'll work with Fedora too.

I encourage you to read the Tech Sheets at
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/osrhel4/en/index.htm

<shameless plug>
and ask any PowerEdge-specific questions on our public mailing list,
linux-poweredge@xxxxxxxx (subscribe and read archives at
http://lists.us.dell.com), and see the engineering web site at
http://linux.dell.com.
</shameless plug>