Re: NumLock key on by default

--- Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> What should I do to have the NumLock key on by
> default?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul
>
> --

Directly from fedorafaq webpage:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/

Q: How to I make numlock be on by default when I start
my computer?
A: If you want numlock to be on whenever you start X
(the graphical mode of Fedora):

   1. Open a Terminal.
   2. Become root.
   3. Install the "numlockx" program:

      yum install numlockx

Now numlock will be on every time you start X.

If you want numlock on by default you're in text mode:

   1. Open a Terminal.
   2. Become root.
   3. Install the "kbd" package:

      yum install kbd
   4. Edit the /etc/rc.local file:

      nano /etc/rc.local
   5. Find the line that looks like:

      touch /var/lock/subsys/local

      Right below that line, put these lines:

      LEDTTY=/dev/tty[1-8]
      for tty in $LEDTTY; do
          setleds -D +num < $tty
      done
   6. Save the file, and the next time you restart
your computer, numlock will be on in text mode

Best Regards,

Antonio