Re: just a thought (FC5)

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 09:41 +0200, Mostafa Afgani wrote:
> I think he's actually talking about GDM login and not the FC splash
> once the password has been entered. From what I have seen, the login
> and password boxes are in the top left quarter (somewhat).

We really need clarification from the original poster.  Off the top of
my head, I can think of several things that someone might describe as
splash graphics, but only the first one seems like it's directly
associated with "Fedora", the rest use other words.

The GRUB graphics that appear before/during the boot menu.
The graphical boot stuff that hides the service starting messages.
The GDM login screen (not sure if there's a KDM equivalent).
The progress graphics as Gnome starts up.
The progress graphics as KDE starts up.

I think they're referring to GDM, but it's not abundantly clear.  If so,
it's themeable, and they can choose other designs.  I made my own just
for the challenge of it, back when I was using FC3.  The same one still
works with FC4.  I haven't tried out FC5 on my own PCs, I want PCs that
work, I've done my FC5 dabbling on a friend's PC who loves to try
everything that he can, but frequently doesn't know what he's doing.
Helping him out's usually good for a free feed.  ;-)

I read messages from the public lists.