Re: Java plugin for x86_64?

Andrew Robinson wrote:
I followed the instructions in the Unofficial Fedora FAQ for installing Java. When I got to the end, I discovered there was no plug in module for Mozilla (Firefox). Anyone know if the plug in exists for x86_64? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson

Java (and Macromedia and others) does not believe 64-bit systems are in mainstream use, so they have not developed a 64-bit plugin (for anything). They're all dropping the ball here, but as another reply stated, for now you can install a 32-bit version of firefox alongside the 64-bit one to use 32-bit plugins.
-Dan