FC5/Desktop/NvidiaGF4MX Suspend to RAM (S3) -- Resumes ok, then hangs after a few secs

I've been trying to get Suspend-to-RAM working with this
setup.

I know I'd probably have better luck with suspend2, but this
is for a mythtv box, so I want as close to "instant-on" as
possible.

I'm using the Nvidia 8178 drivers from atrpms, plus pm-utils
from atrpms.

With the default setup from these rpms, the system is
completely unresponsive after a resume, and the screen blank
- the only way to recover is a hw reset.

I found several reports on getting Nvidia suspend working,
which suggested disabling any vbetool stuff (post, dpms,
save/restore state), and also enabling the NvAGP driver....

So I tried the vbetool stuff first - editing the
/etc/pm/functions-nvidia.
It was setup to do the following on suspend
* dpms suspend
* save state

And then on resume
* post
* dpms on
* restore state

I removed all this, and put in a dpms off on suspend.

With this setup, the system resumed fine and was responsive,
but locked-up completely after about 20 secs. No messages
were written to the system log.

Next I tried enabling the NvAGP driver (by adding 'Option
"NvAGP" "1"' to xorg.conf, and adding 'agp=off' to the
kernel parameters in grub.conf).

Strangely, this reverted the results back to the first
scenario - blank screen and unresponsive system on resume.

Any suggestions on how to go about debugging this?

I don't know if its the Nvidia driver thats causing the
lock-up after 20 secs, or something else - I saw some
comments that the usb drivers have caused lockups on resume
in the past.

Regards,
Ken