Re: FC 5 cd/dvd,floppy devices missing.

Kam Leo wrote:
On 4/2/06, david walcroft <david_walcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
   As the header states I have no devices in fstab,media or desktop
setup. How do install them, I guess a package didn't get installed

   Thanks   david

Open your web browser and read the release notes to find out.

OK the release notes says

'7.7. No automatic fstab editing for removable media' 'in favor of desktop specific solutions for mounting removable'

So what do you put in the desktop config to access the media,
/dev has several devices to use,is it trial and error to see which is correct such as 'cdwriter-hdc''dvdwriter-hdc''floppy-fd0''dvd-hdc''cdrom'
There are more,but which to use.

    david