Re: problems with ImageMagick, display command

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>   I am having trouble with Imagemagick.  I can use
> import, convert commands but display is not working
> correctly.  It gives error message.
>
> [tonio@localhost Documents]$ display factoring.png
> display: unable to load font

`-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1'.
> display: unable to load font

`-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1'.
> [tonio@localhost Documents]$ display Fedora\ 5\
> x86_DVD.jpg
> display: unable to load font

`-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1'.
> display: unable to load font

`-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1'.
> [tonio@localhost Documents]$
>

> I guess helvetica fonts are not installed.  I went
> ImmageMagick website and found resources page
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/script/resources.php
>
> and it has a file named type.xml which is not
> present
> in
> /usr/share/ImageMagick/config/
>
> [tonio@localhost config]$ ls
> /usr/share/ImageMagick-6.2.5/config/ -l
> total 28
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3846 Dec 11 07:24 coder.xml
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  979 Dec 11 07:24 log.xml
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5192 Dec 11 07:24 magic.xml
> [tonio@localhost config]$
>
> What can I do to fix this?
>
> Has anyone also encountered this problem?
>
> Regards,
>

> Antonio

Looking also at
http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/graphics/imagick6/

I found the following fonts available

[tonio@localhost Documents]$ convert -list type

Name                             Family
  Style   Stretch
Weight--------------------------------------------------------------------------------AvantGarde-Book
                 AvantGarde              Normal
Normal    400
AvantGarde-BookOblique           AvantGarde
  Oblique Normal    400
AvantGarde-Demi                  AvantGarde
  Normal  Normal    600
AvantGarde-DemiOblique           AvantGarde
  Oblique Normal    600
Bookman-Demi                     Bookman
  Normal  Normal    600
Bookman-DemiItalic               Bookman
  Italic  Normal    600
Bookman-Light                    Bookman
  Normal  Normal    300
Bookman-LightItalic              Bookman
  Italic  Normal    300
Courier                          Courier
  Normal  Normal    400
Courier-Bold                     Courier
  Normal  Normal    700
Courier-BoldOblique              Courier
  Oblique Normal    700
Courier-Oblique                  Courier
  Oblique Normal    400
Helvetica                        Helvetica
  Normal  Normal    400
Helvetica-Bold                   Helvetica
  Normal  Normal    700
Helvetica-BoldOblique            Helvetica
  Italic  Normal    700
Helvetica-Narrow                 Helvetica Narrow
  Normal  Condensed 400
Helvetica-Narrow-Bold            Helvetica Narrow
  Normal  Condensed 700
Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique     Helvetica Narrow
  Oblique Condensed 700
Helvetica-Narrow-Oblique         Helvetica Narrow
  Oblique Condensed 400
Helvetica-Oblique                Helvetica
  Italic  Normal    400
NewCenturySchlbk-Bold            NewCenturySchlbk
  Normal  Normal    700
NewCenturySchlbk-BoldItalic      NewCenturySchlbk
  Italic  Normal    700
NewCenturySchlbk-Italic          NewCenturySchlbk
  Italic  Normal    400
NewCenturySchlbk-Roman           NewCenturySchlbk
  Normal  Normal    400
Palatino-Bold                    Palatino
  Normal  Normal    700
Palatino-BoldItalic              Palatino
  Italic  Normal    700
Palatino-Italic                  Palatino
  Italic  Normal    400
Palatino-Roman                   Palatino
  Normal  Normal    400
Symbol                           Symbol
  Normal  Normal    400
Times-Bold                       Times
  Normal  Normal    700
Times-BoldItalic                 Times
  Italic  Normal    700
Times-Italic                     Times
  Italic  Normal    400
Times-Roman                      Times
  Normal  Normal    400

Name                             Family
  Style   Stretch
Weight--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Arial
                           Arial
Normal  Normal    400
Arial-Black                      Arial
  Normal  Normal    900
Arial-Bold                       Arial
  Normal  Normal    700
Arial-Bold-Italic                Arial
  Italic  Normal    700
Arial-Italic                     Arial
  Italic  Normal    400
Arial-Narrow                     Arial Narrow
  Normal  Condensed 400
Arial-Narrow-Bold                Arial Narrow
  Normal  Condensed 700
Arial-Narrow-Bold-Italic         Arial Narrow
  Italic  Condensed 700
Arial-Narrow-Italic              Arial Narrow
  Italic  Condensed 400
Arial-Narrow-Special-G1          Arial Narrow Special
G1 Normal  Condensed 400
Arial-Narrow-Special-G1-Bold     Arial Narrow Special
G1 Normal  Condensed 700
Arial-Narrow-Special-G1-Italic   Arial Narrow Special
G1 Italic  Condensed 400
Arial-Narrow-Special-G2          Arial Narrow Special
G2 Normal  Condensed 400
Arial-Narrow-Special-G2-Bold     Arial Narrow Special
G2 (null)  Normal    700
Arial-Narrow-Special-G2-Italic   Arial Narrow Special
G2 Italic  Condensed 400
Arial-Rounded-MT-Bold            Arial Rounded MT
  Normal  Normal    700
Arial-Special-G1                 Arial Special G1
  Normal  Normal    400
Arial-Special-G1-Bold            Arial Special G1
  Normal  Normal    700
Arial-Special-G1-Bold-Italic     Arial Special G1
  Italic  Normal    700
Arial-Special-G1-Italic          Arial Special G1
  Italic  Normal    400
Arial-Special-G2                 Arial Special G2
  Normal  Normal    400
Arial-Special-G2-Bold            Arial Special G2
  Normal  Normal    700
Arial-Special-G2-Bold-Italic     Arial Special G2
  Italic  Normal    700
Arial-Special-G2-Italic          Arial Special G2
  Italic  Normal    400
Bookman-Old-Style                Bookman Old Style
  Normal  Normal    400
Bookman-Old-Style-Bold           Bookman Old Style
  Normal  Normal    700
Bookman-Old-Style-Bold-Italic    Bookman Old Style
  Italic  Normal    400
Bookman-Old-Style-Italic         Bookman Old Style
  Italic  Normal    400
Century-Schoolbook               Century Schoolbook
  Normal  Normal    400
Century-Schoolbook-Bold          Century Schoolbook
  Normal  Normal    700
Century-Schoolbook-Bold-Italic   Century Schoolbook
  Italic  Normal    700
Century-Schoolbook-Italic        Century Schoolbook
  Italic  Normal    400
Comic-Sans-MS                    Comic Sans MS
  Normal  Normal    400
Comic-Sans-MS-Bold               Comic Sans MS
  Normal  Normal    700
Courier-New                      Courier New
  Normal  Normal    400
Courier-New-Bold                 Courier New
  Normal  Normal    700
Courier-New-Bold-Italic          Courier New
  Italic  Normal    700
Courier-New-Italic               Courier New
  Italic  Normal    400
Garamond                         Garamond
  Normal  Normal    400
Garamond-Bold                    Garamond
  Normal  Normal    700
Garamond-Italic                  Garamond
  Italic  Normal    400
Gill-Sans-MT-Ext-Condensed-Bold  Gill Sans MT
  Normal  ExtraCondensed 700
Impact                           Impact
  Normal  Normal    400
Lucida-Blackletter               Lucida Blackletter
  Normal  Normal    400
Lucida-Bright                    Lucida Bright
  Normal  Normal    400
Lucida-Bright-Demibold           Lucida Bright
  Normal  Normal    600
Lucida-Bright-Demibold-Italic    Lucida Bright
  Italic  Normal    600
Lucida-Bright-Italic             Lucida Bright
  Italic  Normal    400
Lucida-Caligraphy-Italic         Lucida Caligraphy
  Italic  Normal    400
Lucida-Console, Lucida-Console   Regular
  (null)  Normal    400
Lucida-Fax-Demibold              Lucida Fax
  Normal  Normal    600
Lucida-Fax-Demibold-Italic       Lucida Fax
  Italic  Normal    600
Lucida-Fax-Italic                Lucida Fax
  Italic  Normal    400
Lucida-Fax-Regular               Lucida Fax
  Normal  Normal    400
Lucida-Handwriting-Italic        Lucida Handwriting
  Italic  Normal    400
Lucida-Sans-Demibold-Italic      Lucida Sans
  Italic  Normal    600
Lucida-Sans-Demibold-Roman       Lucida Sans Demibold
  Normal  Normal    400
Lucida-Sans-Regular              Lucida Sans
  Normal  Normal    400
Lucida-Sans-Typewriter-Bold      Lucida Sans
Typewriter  Normal  Normal    700
Lucida-Sans-Typewriter-Bold-Obli Lucida Sans
Typewriter  Normal  Normal    700
Lucida-Sans-Typewriter-Oblique   Lucida Sans
Typewriter  Normal  Normal    700
Lucida-Sans-Typewriter-Regular   Lucida Sans
Typewriter  Normal  Normal    400
Modern                           Modern
  Normal  Normal    400
Monotype-Corsiva                 Monotype Corsiva
  Normal  Normal    400
MS-Sans-Serif                    MS Sans Serif
  Normal  Normal    400
MS-Serif                         MS Serif
  Normal  Normal    400
Small-Fonts                      Small Fonts
  Normal  Normal    400
Tahoma                           Tahoma
  Normal  Normal    400
Tahoma-Bold                      Tahoma
  Normal  Normal    700
Times-New-Roman                  Times New Roman
  Normal  Normal    400
Times-New-Roman-Bold             Times New Roman
  Normal  Normal    700
Times-New-Roman-Bold-Italic      Times New Roman
  Italic  Normal    700
Times-New-Roman-Italic           Times New Roman
  Italic  Normal    400
Times-New-Roman-MT-Extra-Bold    Times New Roman MT
  Normal  Normal    800
Verdana                          Verdana
  Normal  Normal    400
Verdana-Bold                     Verdana
  Normal  Normal    700
Verdana-Bold-Italic              Verdana
  Italic  Normal    700
Verdana-Italic                   Verdana
  Italic  Normal    400
Wingdings                        Wingdings
  Normal  Normal    400
Wingdings-2                      Wingdings 2
  Normal  Normal    400
Wingdings-3                      Wingdings 3
  Normal  Normal    400
[tonio@localhost Documents]$

this is for convert, but display does not work.

TIA

Antonio