[Digest user question] Cannot install FC5 either using GUI or Text - FC4 worked for text

Jelvis wrote:
 > > At the boot prompt press one of the F1 - F5 buttons. In one of
 > >those
 > > screens you get the hint, that you should use "linux nofb" or
 > >something close to that, if you have problems with your graphics.
 > >
 > >greets Boris
 > >
 > You could also do a text install. I think this is "linux text", but
 > check it just to be sure.

I have tried these as well. I could not install FC4 using the graphical installer either but the text installer worked well for me in FC4. In FC5 I don't have any luck at all. :-(

BR Andreas

I had several problems where Installation worked with previous releases somewhat but not at all with FC5. I installed the previous installable version and then yum upgraded them either via local repo or Internet.

On an upgrade using the installer discs, it bombed with an error which only left rebooting as an option.

Jim

--
Dreams are free, but there's a small charge for alterations.