Unable to get Atheros based drivers working

I have a Linksys Wireless card, model wpc55ag.  I am using a Dell
Inspiron 4000 laptop and have FC5 installed with the Gnome desktop.
This card worked perfectly under FC4, using the madwifi drivers but I
cannot get it recognized in FC5.  I would click on Desktop-System
Settings-Network, I would come upon the Networking Configuration tool.
When I click on New-Wireless Connection, I would only see "other
wireless cards".  The system does not even see my card, despite already
having installed the kmod-madwifi drivers.  How can I corrct this
problem?  Is this a problem for others (or is this a bug?) ?