Re: FC5 127.0.0.1 refuses connection

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 13:30 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> problem is likely to be in the first 3 lines of /etc/hosts
>
> The first 2 lines tell you what you shouldn't do and the 3rd line is
> what I'm guessing that you did

Problem is they don't really give you proper instructions (telling you
to leave a line alone, which you do, and the installation routine has
already stuffed it up for you, and you don't know about it).

Instead of it telling you to leave it alone, they ought to give a
verbatim example of exactly what the line should be.

i.e. 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

I read messages from the public lists.