Re: Ndiswrapper: Need VAIO Atheros Drivers

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:38:05 -0700
Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> opined:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 15:33 -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:
> > I zapped windows when I upgraded to FC5. LA-907220802IX03US.EXE
> > will not run in wine and cannot be extracted with WinZip. NONE of
> > the numerous other drivers that I have downloaded will work. I
> > need the driver files that the EXE would have installed.
> >
> > Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
> > (168c:0013)
> >
> > I know. I'm a schmuck for not backing these up. I forgot.
> ----
> I'll let that pass.
>
> does gunzip work?
>
> gunzip LA-907220802IX03US.EXE
>
> if it's a self executable zip file, it should work but so should
> winzip so I am wondering if the file itself is what you expect it
> to be.

I have tried winzip, unzip, gunzip, unrar, cabextract

It's definitely the correct file. I can run it in wine and it
announces as the 802.11g driver installation. Unfortunately, in wine,
it craps out with "this software is not intended for use in your
computer model"
--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com