Re: FC4 crashes repeatedly on dual dual-core Opteron Supermicro AS1020A-T

Michal Szymanski wrote:
> Suspecting it may be the SATA driver problem I mounted /tmp as "tmpfs"
> and repeated the tests entirely in /tmp (with plenty of RAM this means
> doing I/O in memory). No success.

Won't help. Once the driver is in memory, even if it's not being used,
then it can destabilise the kernel.

Try booting from a LiveCD (Ubuntu or Knoppix, for example) and running
from that.

Good luck!

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Land Rover say it is permanent, I say I have a
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | large selection of spanners and a big hammer..."