Re: Totem playing .avi's?

Ali Helmy wrote:
On 31/03/06, *Jim Cornette* <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Ah well, I got tired of this mess... I dumped totem and xine as a whole, and i switched to mplayer :\

--
A. Helmy

I have most multimedia versions installed of all programs. xine is working fine for me. The video seems better and interaction with keeping screensavers at bay while the movie is running. Totem-xine looks a bit awkward and the video seems less. Also it uses gnome-screensaver which I do not have installed. It does not keep the screensaver paused as xine does.

Mplayer works fine when the others were down during development testing.

mplayer is a good choice if you do not want to figure out what is casing the error for the other choices.

Jim