Re: Theming grub/gdm/gnome

Josh Coffman wrote:

I've never seen fedora packages for most of this
stuff; although there are (at least for fc4) addon
packages for screen savers and extra wallpapers.

Good luck tweaking your UI.

Backgrounds:

 rpm -qa |grep background
gnome-backgrounds-2.14.0-1
desktop-backgrounds-basic-2.0-31
themes-backgrounds-gnome-0.4-4.fc5

I like the themes-backgrounds-gnome package. It adds some interesting background selections. Gnome-backgrounds is a newly added package to gnome. The choices are limited. It still adds a few different backgrounds.

Themes:

 rpm -qa |grep theme
hicolor-icon-theme-0.9-2
gnome-theme-clearlooks-bigpack-0.6-1.fc5
themes-backgrounds-gnome-0.4-4.fc5
xfwm4-themes-4.2.3-2.fc5
xfce4-icon-theme-4.2.3-2.fc5
gkrellm-themes-2.1.9-4
gnome-themes-2.14.0-1
gnome-icon-theme-2.14.2-1.fc5.1
gnome-themes-extras-0.8.1-1

This is with extras, livna as repos in addition to core.

Jim