Re: help on installing fedora on HP compaq nx6125

On 3/31/06, Pushparaj Shetty <prajshetty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I tried to install fedora core4 on my HP compaq nx 6125 notebook.

Any reason not to install Core 5 since it is out.  I'd highly
recommend installing it now :).

> After boot from CD it asks for the mode of installation
> (graphics/text). Then a blank screen appears without any progress.

Try doing a text install.  It is likely that the X windows for the
installer doesn't like your graphics card.  A text install, while not
as nice, may work better with it.

> My processor is AMD turion 64 bit. I have a free space of 15GB out of 60 GB.

Is that, "Windows shows I have 15 GB free" or "I have 15 GB worth of
unpartitioned space"?  If it is the first, the install will not work
(different issue from the blank screen).  If the second, you are fine.
 Just want to make sure from the way you stated your amount of "free
space."

Jonathan