RE: slow FC4 to FC5 upgrade

Paul Howarth wrote:

>> Henry Hartley wrote:
>> > Now, a yum update goes through, finds 981 packages to update and
>> > runs the transaction test.  Unfortunately, it ends with an error:
>> >
>> > memory alloc (4 bytes) returned NULL
>> >
>> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>>
>> Is your swap space turned on?

As far as I know.  How can I tell?  df reports that I have (among other
things) /dev/shm (128104 / 100% available).  Is that swap?

Is this just not enough memory and swap to upgrade that much?  If so, I
suppose I can take some of the larger groups of packages (openoffice,
gnome, etc) and update just them first.

--
Henry