Re: Boot Loader recovery

Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
M.K wrote:
I have Suse's CDs.
How could I use suse's feature to fix Grub, when I have FC3
installed.
Could you explain more detail.
Thanks,
If you lost your grub boot loader, you could follow the following step to recover it

1) reboot to the CD1 or DVD
2) hit F5
3) on the command line type   linux rescue
 it should find your Fedora installed system and enter
4)chroot /mnt/sysimage
 5)/sbin/grub-install /dev/hda
 that should put Grub back to MBR.

I believe the procedure outlined above is the same procedure you can use with the Fedora Boot install CD. That is what I have done after upgrading to a new hard drive to reinstall grub.

Bob Styma

Opps, The instruction I provided above is using Fedora CD1 or DVD. I have never used SUSE CD's

--
Yonas Abraham, PhD
Registered Linux user number 407343 http://counter.li.org