Re: Problem with Crossover Office after kernel upgrade to FC5

Gerry Tool wrote:
Mike Cohler wrote:
Gerry Tool <gstool <at> earthlink.net> writes:

Mike

Word, Excel and Access all function fine in my FC4 upgraded to FC5 system, using Crossover Office 5.0 and with the new 2080_FC5 kernel.

Gerry

Hi Gerry

I am running CrossoverPro 5.1 if that makes any difference ....

Did you do an upgrade install or a clean install ? Did you run the Crossover install again once FC5 was running to regenerte the menus. I am also using KDE
and not Gnome - again all these small differences may matter ?

Mike

I did an upgrade of FC4 to FC5 using the downloaded DVD. I also had a separate install of FC5T3 prior to release that I had successfully used Crossover 5.0 on.

I did not run the Crossover install again. The menus survived the upgrade. I am using Gnome, but after writing this, I'll switch to KDE and see if it works there. Unfortunately my support on Crossover office expired and I can't upgrade to 5.1 without a new fee. Since 5.0 seems to be doing what I need, I'll wait until more development there makes it more worthwhile to upgrade.

Gerry

The menus are still in KDE and the apps work fine there too. Sorry this isn't much help, but hopefully the codeweavers team can help get your problem solved.

Gerry