NX bit: AMD vs Intel?

On my Intel system (Xeon with EMT64 support) which runs the 32-bit
version of FC5 I can see that NX support is active (from dmesg):

NX (Execute Disable) protection: active

On my other system, a AMD64 system running the 64-bit version of FC4,
there is no message regarding NX support being enabled of disabled at
all.

Checking init.c in the kernel sources it seems that NX support is
depended on PAE support and NX support from the processor. As the AMD
processor supports both I aspect to see a NX procection active message
on my AMD system as well. Does NX support suppose to work on 64-bit
kernels ?

Both systems run kernel 2.6.16.

Jurgen