Re: fc5: where's xterm?

Dan wrote:
Applications->Accessories->Terminal.
And to add it to the menu, the nautilus-open-terminal package might be useful to you. :) Although I would prefer it to put it at the top of the menu as in FC4, I don't feel like fiddling around with that.
This seems to be a gnome-terminal item. It doesn't respect "preferred applications" anymore, despite having preferred applications set to xterm.

So I'm still looking for an xterm, you know... the one that can support emacs command editing, the one that will let me run emacs inside it and still have access to my meta keys, etc.

--rich