Re: rpm db destroyed? removing old FC4 kernels

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Patrick Steiner wrote:

> today i noticed, that there are old FC4 kernels on my FC5 system (rpm
> -qa | grep kernel). but if i do an rpm -e kernel-devel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
> my FC5 box doesnt to very much. if i take a look to /boot or
> /lib/modules to old kernels are not available. is my rpmdb destroyed?
> how can i repair this.
The kernel and kernel-devel packages are different, the files in /boot and
/lib/modules are part of the kernel package, kernel-devel files are in
/usr/src/kernels (though there are links from /lib/modules). Incidentally,
the kernel-devel package was missed out of the CD version of FC5 by
accident, but you can get them via yum, or from the unpackaged os version.

	Michael Young