Re: trigger scim

Yuandan Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
> I updated to FC5(fresh installation). the scim was installed too.
> However, I can't trigger scim. there is link at the home dir
> .xinput.d/default -> /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim
> the
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim is
> XIM=SCIM
> XIM_PROGRAM=scim
> XIM_ARGS="-d"
> GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
>
> SCIM_QTIMM_XINPUT=/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim-qtimm
> [ -r "${SCIM_QTIMM_XINPUT}" ] && . ${SCIM_QTIMM_XINPUT}
> unset SCIM_QTIMM_XINPUT
> # override with xim for now
> QT_IM_MODULE=xim
>
> The scim setup, ctrl+space was set to trigger scim, but there was no
> response after hit ctrl + space.
>
> if i log in, setting chinese as the system language, the trigger command
> is working, but not when set English as the system language. how to fix
> this?

Interesting....

I've got the same setup as you do.  I naturally run with
LANG=en_US.UTF-8.  I have no problems in Gnome or KDE.

I suppose I would try removing the ~/.scim directory and try again.

--
People who used magic without knowing what they were doing usually came to
a sticky end. All over the entire room, sometimes.