Giving user mounted partitions exec permissions

To be able to mount partitions as a user, I removed
the file 99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.fdi.
Now the partition appears on my desktop, however I
am not able to execute binaries from this partition.
Traditionally one would indicated the exec flag for
this partition in fstab. However with gnome-mount this
seems no longer to be possible.
I would be satisfied mounting the partition the old
way, however then the volume doesn't appear independently
in the file dialogs or the desktop.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49