Re: Laptop Touch pad = shutdown in FC4 and FC5

Jonathan Carpenter wrote:
I have a gateway solo 9500 and if I use the touch pad the laptop will
shutdown but If I use a usb mouse I have no problem. Is there anyway to fix
this?
Wow, is this immediate ?
Are you running gui ?
kde or gnome desktop ?
are you touching the edges (possibly special functions) ?
does it only happen if the external mouse is plugged in ?
open a terminal window, and su -
then tail -f /var/log/messages

and see if any messages are appended as you touch the touchpad ?

DaveT.