Re: Fedora C4 dies

From: "Jaysen B. Johnson" <jaysen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fedora C4 dies
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:28:33 -0800 (PST)

How about provide some more information about your system?  Your Operating
System for starters. (I am assuming Fedora Core 4).  What kind of hardware
are you running? What programs do you run when this happens?  Does this
machine connect to the net or act as a gateway?

Your log files would be a great place to start. How about copy and paste
them in here.  Maybe a list of processes that you have running.

You say it's only been happening the last couple of days.  Is there
anything that you might have done to cause it such as add/removing
packages or changing any configuration files?   Any information that you
can provide will be of great help in assisting you.

Your initial email does not give enough information to even begin
troubleshooting.  Please provide the requested information and someone
will do their best to help you.

:-)

Jaysen

On Tue, March 28, 2006 14:17, Jim Douglas wrote:
> Fedora freezes and I'm not sure why
>

> Here are the symptoms.
>

> Things slow down over the course of 2-4 minutes then I can't do anything
> and have to turn the power off or if I'm lucky I can get to the terminal
> window and shutdown.
>
> It's only been happening the last couple of days and I don't know why.
>

> Jim
>

> --

Jaysen B. Johnson
System Administrator