Re: Weird touchpad behavior in Firefox/mozilla on FC5

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Kedar Patankar wrote:

Hi,

I see weird behavior in mozilla or firefox on FC5 (as well as FC4) when I use the touchpad on my laptop. When I try to move the mouse pointer around in the browser window, all of a sudden the browser will go to the previous page - just as if I had pressed on the "Go back one page" arrow.

I haven't seen this on my desktop which is a Sempron box with PS2 mouse. I have seen this on my AMD64 laptop with built in touchpad (emachines M6805) with FC4 and now with FC5. It definitely did not happen on FC2.

Anyone seen anything like this? Any pointers?

It's the new (since FC2) Synaptics touchpad driver, which can scroll along the right and bottom edges as well as other things. Practice a bit, or see /usr/share/doc/synaptics*/INSTALL for settings.

Regards/Kedar.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences