Re: floaty around pointer in firefox

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:34:18PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 27 March 2006 14:26, William Yardley wrote:

> > Since upgrading to FC5, Firefox (version 1.5) is showing a little
> > spinny thing around the pointer when a page is loading. Is this a
> > general Firefox thing, or a Fedora thing, and is there an option to
> > get rid of this behavior?

> Leave it be, thats the std busy indicator.  It will go away when the
> page is loaded.

But it's ugly, and it's not "standard" to me, since Firefox is the only
application I use where it shows up. AFAICT, there's no way to turn it
off, and it seems to exist in all of the "themes" I tested (if it is,
indeed, based on the theme).

Not only that, but Firefox and Mozilla have their own status indicators,
both in the tab bar and in the bottom of the browser window. And the
normal X cursor has a little clock that shows up next to the pointer,
which is what /I/ would consider the "std" busy indicator.

Btw, removing the "redhat-artwork" RPM (along with some other random
gnome stuff) seemed to fix the problem (by getting rid of all the Gnome
themes).