Re: Oh....rats.... screensaver activates itself even when you are using the system actively!

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Dan Thurman wrote:

Folks,

Odd.  Screen-saver kicks in automatically after the preset time
even when I am tying away and moving the mouse around...  grr...
Don't bang the keys - you will just break 'em. It's the damn
software me thinks! :-)

The only time I have seen that is if you are having clock problems and ntp is running. So if the clock gets changed to something longer than the delay period, the screen saver turns on. VMWare has this problem, as well as some broken motherboards.

--
"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa