Re: page fault death

William John Murray wrote:
On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 01:00 -0500, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Check the archives for a posting regarding a problem with udev.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-March/msg05208.html

The attached script will check for duplicates.

If you want to verify content of the rpms for missing components, running rpm as root with the -qaV switch and redirecting its output to a file will show you missing files, data changes, permissions and the
like.

Jim

  Thanks Jim,
           I missed this thread, stupid of me. It was not the same
problem, or not exactly the same, but it had good clues. I enabled debug
in udev, and saw that the error was in the sound drivers. Then
I remembered I had installed conexant hsf modem drivers. Comment
them out in /etc/modprobe.conf and at least it boots again.
   I'll take it up with them!
         Bill

At least you are booting again.
I tried to upgrade a system via yum -y upgrade in the GUI. Once the server started respawning, it was all over. Otherwise, the yum -y upgrade feature works well. (on the cli, preferably runlevel 1)

Jim

--
The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves.
		-- Sophocles