Re: upgrading redhat 8.0 to Fedora Core 1 difficulties

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Do, den 23.03.2006 schrieb Noah um 16:37:

I am having some difficulties upgrading redhat 8.0 to FC1.  It appears some
libraries are not being located.  one of hte libraries is libtk.so.0 but I
have tk loaded on the machine.  Also I rebooted and it is still claiming to be
a redhat 8.0 machine (see below).  Is there another step I need to do?  Why
are these libraries not present?

SNIP

rpm -e ical python2-tkinter apt gq pine

Reinstall programs you need after the successful upgrade.

Anyway, I recommend a fresh install of a non-legacy Fedora Core release
(FC 4 or FC5).

Alexander

I went from RH 8.0 to FC1 and I spent almost a year finding small little headaches. Go with a clean install of FC4 or FC5. It is so much better and I have found faster than FC1 which isn't supported much anymore.

--
Robin Laing