Re: FC4: Creating updates DVD as yum repository

> > I have taken the following approach:
> > 1. Download all updates.  > > 2. Remove old kernel packages from download.  > > 3. Remove i386 packages that are covered by an equivalent i686 package.  > > 4. Burn RPMs to DVD.
>   > Add a step 3.5:  >   > 3.5 Create yum metadata for your packages by running "createrepo ." in the directory containing the RPM files.
> Now create a local repo file, /etc/yum.repos.d/mylocal.repo  >   > [localupdates]  > name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Local Updates  > baseurl=file:///media/cdrecorder  > enabled=1  > gpgcheck=1  > gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora  >
> You should then be able to do a "yum update" using your local repo on DVD. If you have no Internet connection on the t! arget machine, you'll need to disable all other repos. You'll also need to figure out how to create a local version of the [core] repository (possibly on the same DVD) because updates may add new dependencies on core packages.

Thanks for the advice - I need to take some time to experiment with this.
Where do I get createrepo from?

---
Richard Conway (richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Tel: 01462 647202 / 07748984662

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.