system startup + cryptsetup

Hi,

I want to encrypt my entire /home directory which is on a separate partition. I used cryptsetup which is available in FC5. I successfully created the encrypted partition and I also found a script at
http://www.saout.de/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=luksopen which I would like to incorporate into my startup. The question is, where exactly?
Should I (can I) modify rc.sysinit?
Or should I just put it into rc.local?
This is what I tried, but then I keep getting a message that /home needs a file system check and is corrupt (this sounds logical, because at this point the partition is neither opened nor mounted).
So it looks to me like a real catch-22.
TIA for any suggestions.

Gabor Walter
Hungary