Re: more problems migrating to RAID1

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 14:02, Jack Howarth wrote:

> As a last
> resort I could always detach hda, boot from the linux rescue cd,
> chroot the /mnt/sysimage of the md partitions and setup grub on
> hde. However I am unclear how I could reattach hda again without
> causing the MBR on it to be used. I suspect I would have to
> attach it as hdf and wipe the MBR first (which I don't know how
> to do) before I could reattach it as hda.

If your goal is to end up with mirrored partitions it shouldn't
matter which disk is where.  If you have to juggle drives,
just put your drive with the 'broken' raid partitons in as
hda, reinstall grub on it with the rescue disk and move
your current hda to a different connector where you'll
sync up the other half of the raid.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx