RE: Argh! FC5 installation: Cannot install FC5 disk #4!

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 14:10 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 11:45 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> > Yes, I checked sha1sum on all of the images and they
> > checked out.  I also ran the "disk-checks" at the start
> > of the FC disc #1 where it asks and it checked out as
> > well.
>
> Although it checked out, did you check that it was actually disc 4, and
> not one of the other discs burnt again?

I reported in a previous thread that the cause of the problem was that
the download did not match up with the sha1sum.  What was odd, is that
the install disc testing said it checked out ok and it was only when
I tried to use it that it failed.  I guess it cannot be stressed that
after a download - check the sha1sum EVERY TIME and disc space may match
exactly but the checksums gives a more accurate picture.  This is a hard
lesson learned for me.

Dan