Re: FC5 install via sftp -

On 3/25/06, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This computer runs FC4 and has a dvd reader.  The computer
I want to install FC5 on does not.

I do routinely transfer files between them via sftp and an
ethernet connection.

How can I install FC5 without physically removing the cd/dvd drive
from this computer and installing it in the "target?" The target computer
runs FC4 and has only one 80G drive all of which is allocated for Linux.

I am not concerned about saving data and I am willing to reconfigure it
when done.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia
I would suggest using NFS to do a network installtion. You will still need to burn the rescue disk though.