Re: Nvidia and Fedora 3-5

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Mauriat Miranda wrote:

<snip>

Plain and simple Fedora requires extra steps (whereas something like
Suse or Mandriva etc do many extra steps *for* you). If this wasn't
obvious (over the past 4 releases) I hope it is now.

With each distributions there are compromises. Suse is *very* nice
btw, if it serves your needs don't waste your time with Fedora.

But having nVidia driver for FC option would suit my needs. Is this mostly over politics of closed v. open? There really should be an easy option during the install if the end user wants FC setup with nVidia driver or xorg's. I think that's a pretty reasonable option to give folks.

Randy

--
: damocles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx : Bruce Morrow, a man before and after his time :
: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood  :