Re: First time fdisk - help needed

On Saturday 25 March 2006 19:23, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

> I have a question though , how do you determine whether the partition
> started
> from track 1 or track 2 . Does it describe how to actually start a
> partition from
> track 1 and not track 2 so there will be no unallocated sectors ?
> All i know is that you can ask fdisk to start a partition from cylinder
> 1 and that's
> as far as it goes .

I think that by default fdisk and the like start the partition from the safest
place.  That's why it's often said to be dangerous to mix windows
partitioning tools and linux ones.  The friend that pointed me to the bit I
sent you gave me these three urls:

http://tinyurl.com/l6rb3

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/faqs/linux_faq_AEN3379

http://fdisk.radified.com/