Re: Nintendo DS wep key and madwifi

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 12:40 -0800, ricklim@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi there,
> I have FC4 & a Dlink DWL-G520 in host access point mode using madwifi
> - my laptop can connect using WEP
> - my palm can connect using WEP
>
> My son CANNOT connect using WEP with his Nintendo DS.
>
> If I take off the WEP then he can connect.
>
> Anyone have a solution for the Nintendo DS not being able to use WEP?
----
FWIW - I don't use WEP or WPA or any encryption on my wireless network,
but I do use MAC filtering and only allow specific MAC addresses to
connect. While these can be faked...it's more than any typical neighbor
would do and it wouldn't work if your devices stayed connected.

I don't know what Nintendo DS is but I presume that it's a game console.
You might want to find a Nintendo resource for help with getting it to
use WEP.

Craig