Re: fc5 dvd install fails error 256

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 17:33:03 -0800,
  Endymion <endy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Double check the sha1 sums on the ISO that you downloaded. I had the
> same problem when I was using a corrupted ISO.

Even then you can have problems with a marginal burn. I had a DVD that checked
out OK with the media check, but then the install failed. I am pretty sure I
was getting intermittant bad reads from the disk and that caused the install
to fail. I ended up reburning on a different blank and then things went
smoothly.