Re: FC5: error configuring / starting xorg on Epia system...

Andy Green wrote:

Drew Bertola wrote:

I'm having trouble getting X running after a fresh install w/ FC5. This is on an Via Epia M1000 w/ CLE266 chipset.

The screen stays blank (no signal to monitor) and X hangs. This happens when I try to start X with the default xorg.conf or try to run system-config-display.

Can it be sending to video to the TV output?

Dude! Sorry to have initially dismissed your suggestion. It did linger in the back of my mind, and it turns out you were so right.

I knew I had gone into bios (Advanced Chipset Settings, or there abouts) to set "CRT + TV", and that had worked well under FC4. But under FC5, it didn't. Switching to "CRT" only was all that was needed to get this working.

Thanks a lot,
--
Drew