Re: FC5: Failed dependecies while installing AdobeReader

> I am trying to install AdobeReader 7.0.5 on FC5 and get dependency problem:

> Jon Ingason

   The .tar.gz package works fine in FC5.

That would depend if you already had the dependencies installed. The tar.gz didn't work for me for FC4 or FC5 off the bat (on probably 10+ installations). As far as I can tell 7.x series is still compiled on GCC 3.x and doesn't appear to work until a compat lib is installed. Sure, the installer works, but that is just a shell script, and you can execute "acroread" and it will show the splash, but nothing after that and if launched from a terminal it will output no errors. So as far as I have been able to tell, it's a compat problem and you need the compat
files.

Stephen