Re: is NetworkManager running with ndiwrapper-driven cards?

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:20:28 -0500
Dan <grinnz@xxxxxxxxx> opined:
> David Cary Hart wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:36:52 +0100 (CET)
> > "Roger Grosswiler" <roger@xxxxxxxx> opined:
> >
> >> Hey list,
> >>
> >> I have a d-link dwl-g650+ running with ndiswrapper. Is
> >> NetworkManager supporting ndiswrapper/dlink too?
> >>
> >> I searched with google, but found nothing...
> >>
> >> Roger
> >>

> > I THINK it has more to do with the card than ndiswrapper. Can you
> > use
> > - have you tried MadWifi?
> >
> > I have NEVER had any success with NM. In the alternative, I use
> > profiles to boot with the wired or wireless connection. Plus, I
> > prefer static IPs on the network.
> >

> NM works fine with static IPs. Set it up in the network config
> files, or with system-config-network, and NM will follow suit.
> -Dan

You are correct. It now works for static IPs but, alas, it refuses to
work for me. It gracefully switches to wifi if I pull the plug but
won't switch back when I re-connect the ethernet cable.

And, for some inexplicable reason (known only to the net gods), it
breaks the sysguard applet in KDE.
--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com