Re: Help, yum repo files needed!

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
I installed kyum and yumex on my brand new FC5 box, and one of them has
rewritten the extras and updates repo files!#*!!  I only have stanzas for
debug-info and source left in each of those. I can't find repo definition
files anywhere on the FC5 pages of the Fedora site. Would be real grateful
if
someone could either post those, or send them to me. My apologies also, if
this turns out to be a double post on this, as I sent in a first request
some
hours ago, and it doesn't seem to have appeared.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA

--

Why yumex? What are its advantages? Have you tried pirut, which is in
standard?

Roger

Try it, you'll see its advantages. It does take a bit longer to start up, but it has a few more features, like advanced mirror detection and filelists/changelog views (if you enable them, since it takes even longer to get those). Plus it now has a package queue that makes it a lot easier to search and install a lot of different kinds of packages in one shot.
-Dan