Re: extras and updates repo files corrupted for FC5

Claude Jones wrote:
I installed yumex and kyum on my machine, Been trying out each, It seems that one of them has messed my extras and updates.repo files; I only have source and debug entries now in each of them. Is there some place I can get the complete files, or can someone send them to me or post them? I'm suspecting kyum because I'd had issues with it rewriting repo files in the past...

You should be able to download fedora-release and reinstall with --replacepkgs and --replacefiles arguments to rpm. This should overwrite or at least generate rpmnew or rpmsave versions you can rename or transfer settings from.

Jim