Alternative notification bubble styles?

Greetings,

I just installed FC5 and noticed the shiny new notification bubbles. While they are helpful and I like them, is there a simple way to change the style? After some Googling and found and read the post by J5 ( http://www.martianrock.com/?p=175 ) indicating that they will be simplified. While some might like the look of the included one, I would like something simpler. I have seen screenshots around the web with different looking bubbles so I suspect alternatives exist but couldn't figure out how to change to them. Are they compiled in or configurable?

/Mike