Re: Dumping Windows

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:48:44 +0900
Joel Rees <joel_rees@xxxxxxxxxxxx> opined:

> > [...]
> > You really should not be using Fedora for serious work.
>
> I'd say that depends on the nature of the work, the users, and the
> extent of reflex tendencies to yum every morning.

True. Hell, I've been running FC on production servers since 1 and,
before that, RH9. On my workstation, the maturity of OO and other
programs enabled me to dump XP when I installed FC5.

BTW, anecdotally, it seems that FC has better performance w/o
Windows. This might be due to disk geometry or it might be my
imagination.

Moreover, wine has become very stable. Every now and then I use IE6
when necessary.
--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com