Re: Dumping Windows

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 02:17, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

> > If you are considering network-boot thin terminal support
> > for the desktops, you might also like the k12ltsp project
> > which has versions based on both fedora and Centos:
> > http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/
>
> [I'm not trying to start a flame war]
>
> LTSP is nice; I was once a big fan. Now, I think Thinstation is better.
>
> http://thinstation.sourceforge.net
>
> I've rolled this out to a few customers.  Compared to LTSP, Thinstation
> has been much easier to use and maintain.
>
> With 1300 users, a decent percentage could be moved to a true thin
> client environment.
>
> Try out both projects to see which you like better.

Note that the k12ltsp distribution is a special case of ltsp
since it is rolled into the base OS install (in both fedora
and Centos based versions) and maintained in yum repositories
so there is really no extra work on the server side.  But, they
probably do both have their own advantages.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx