Re: FC5: Disable SELinux for desktop usage, wait for policy update?

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Gérard Milmeister wrote:
Since the current selinux configuration seems to break many things,
among others:
- USB scanner access
- USB harddrive mounting
would this entail, that selinux on FC5 is unsuitable for desktop
usage, and only useful for servers? Is there a chance that
policy updates will come, that correct these things?
SELinux on FC4 was pretty painless, so the ideas for
the new SELinux policies surprise me a bit.
Yes we will be updating policy today. SELinux in FC5 is suitable for desktop.

I have created a yum repository for FC5 on
ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/FC5

This has an updated tool chain for SELinux and an updated policy. These will also be available for FC5 test updates tonight. If everything goes ok, they will be updated in a few days.

Dan

Thanks! I had a dep error with the attached repo file.

Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package libselinux-devel.i386 0:1.30-1.fc5 set to be updated
---> Package libselinux.i386 0:1.30-1.fc5 set to be updated
---> Package libselinux-python.i386 0:1.30-1.fc5 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libsetrans >= 0.1.20-1 for package: libselinux
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libsetrans >= 0.1.20-1 is needed by package libselinux

Jim

--
Do more than anyone expects, and pretty soon everyone will expect more.
[selinux-walsh]