Re: FC5 and Dell 2005FPW display

I dunno if this will help, but I will offer it anyway.

I am running fc4.  I updated to 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4smp and downloaded and
built an nvidia driver version 8178 iirc and experienced the very same
problem, with the very same monitor.

After fooling with my xorg.conf files for several hours, the same file
that previously ran my dual monitors perfectly, I downloaded an older
version of the nvidia driver 7664 iirc, built it and everything worked
fine.

My xorg.conf works fine for the monitor.  You might want to check out
the posts in the linux section of zd7000forums.com because they run
1650x1080 monitors as well on the zds and if I remember correctly I did
some modline commands to figure out how to set up my 2005FPW.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.